WHAT IS LASTONE®?
This is a question we get asked all the time. Clinically, it is the application of Geo-Thermal Therapy through the use of deep penetrating heated stones alternated with chilled stones to bring about a chemical release within the body’s systems. It also balances and recharges our souls with Mother Earth and Father Sky as we each perceive their wonder.
LaStone Therapy is a contemporary approach to alternating temperatures in massage. It is a multifaceted technique designed to benefit the client and therapist at once. The therapeutic potential of this treatment goes beyond measure. The physiological benefits of alternating hot and cold to the body have long been scientifically and medically proven, and adjusting different temperatures on the body to aid in healing and to gain certain reactions has been used throughout time. LaStone Therapy capitalizes on these traditional practices with a current approach.
In our training, we will show you how to use these different temperatures in conjunction with Mother Earth and the Stone People to bring about balance and healing in your clients. Bringing Mother Earth and the stones’ energies into the treatment to do the walking along your client’s muscles can help them reconnect to the inner strength of Mother Earth and remember what it was like as a child to lie upon the earth and feel as though everything was all right with life. This is why LaStone Therapy is so popular.
LaStone® was the first Pioneers in Stone Massage. We are the largest stone training company running courses in 14 different countries.
LaStone® is one of the fastest growing massage techniques throughout the world despite the competition from other ’stone expressions’ We are the only stone training company to offer specialised geo-thermal therapy courses in both sports massage and reflexology.
Do not mistake LaStone® for another ’hot stone massage treatment’. It is the correct combination of heated and cool stones that is our trademark.
LaStone® treatments are tailor made and prescriptive to the client. The therapeutic potential of this treatment goes beyond measure.
• The promotion of a natural healing response within the body
• Thermotherapy brings about healing, balance and rejuvenation.
• The use of warm basalt stones helps to create relaxation through a combination of stone placement and massage
• The treatment helps to restore balance on a physical level. Alternating between hot and cold flushes the body of toxins, cleanses the lymphatic system,
• A combination of temperature through massage helps to tone muscles,
• The application of cold temperatures helps to relieve muscular tension without the painful after effects of sports massage
• The application of cold helps to reduces inflammation, scar tissue and promotes mobility
• Alternating temperatures helps to releases emotions
• LaStone principles can Work on a spiritual energy level
• LaStone® goes beyond the physical experience of typical massage, and enters deeper dimensions of relaxation, health and well being, creating a positive approach to ’Body-Mind-Spirit’ philosophy.
LaStone® treatments help to alleviate chronic and acute problems that many of us deal with on a daily basis. Geo-Thermo-Therapy principles are just one of the ways that makes LaStone® a success.
LaStone® is a multifaceted technique designed to benefit client and therapist at once. LaStone® Therapy offers the body worker relief for their tired, over worked hands and wrists and a break from exhausting hours of massage or deep tissue work. The stones and thermal variation do all the heavy work for the therapist. Stresses and strain commonly felt with other massage techniques are virtually eliminated by using our principles. LaStone therapists are able to work more efficiently for longer periods of time.
For the Energy worker LaStone offers assistance in bringing balance to the Body-Mind-Soul with the use of Mother Earth’s Stone People.
LaStone® leads the way, in partnership with the Geo-Thermal-Therapy Association, in the correct sanitation of both heated and cooled stones and pride ourselves on both the high level of education we deliver and the quality of the equipment we use. Health and safety for both therapist and client alike.
LaStone® has a workshop that will fit any therapists’ requirements.